This Thursday marks the completion of my 20 days of internship but as my next event is proposed to be held at the end of July, I'll be at Colosoul for another two months but I have no complaints! I have loved every minute of my time at Colosoul - it's so great to work with a group of young people who are all so passionate about the magazine and what it sets out to achieve.
In the past month, I've been working on my (many) event proposals, which is constantly changing! We're planning to have our next event at Basement at Myer which is so exciting because Basement is all about young people so it's great to look forward to working with another team dedicated to youth culture!! We're still refining the final proposal so I'm not going to spill anything yet but be very excited as it's going to be huge!
For my first TV News assignment, our group did our story on Colosoul. We interviewed Sandra Bahbah who is a journalist at PerthNow and she did some work experience at Colosoul when the magazine first started. She explained how Colosoul gave her the opportunities to advance to where she is now and it was great to see what a small magazine could do for one person. I think of the reasons for this is Colosoul has such a small staff so it requires each person to multi-task and develop a wide range of skills quickly. From my experience this is quite true as in my 20 days I've had a crash course on events management and co-ordination which have taught me how to lead, delegate, improved my organisation and communication skills and also how to think critically and act quickly. I don't think you could get so much experience anywhere else and it's great - I definitely value all the opportunities Tricia has given me! I'm looking forward to the next two months as they'll give me more crash lessons on events management and although they might kill me, I know it's all worth it in the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment