Hi everybody
My name is Jack and I have been working for the past month at MYJ designs. It is also my first time blogging! But a brief background on the company, it is run by two sisters which is based in the Morley suburb and they do model photoshoots, selling of a Malaysian francise doll, and organising of events. Rappers like LL Cool J and Lil John are some examples that the company has helped in promoting this year.
My first day at the office was certainly nerve-wrecking. It is filled with thoughts on whether I could do the job well, but they were quickly dispelled when my supervisor Yasmin answered my queries patiently. I learnt that people in the design industry tend to be informal, and a definite plus point was that I did not have to wear formal clothing daily as I initially expected!
Having to answer calls to the office was also stressful as I was unable to answer the queries of the clients, thankfully I had my supervisor there to help me out, and by the end of the first week it was definitely easier to handle phone calls. My first week was off without a hitch and it certainly eased the transition towards working life.
Jack
1 comment:
Hi Jack,
I feel your pain. I'm doing my placement at Alcoa. On my first day I was sitting at a hot desk. I answered the phone twice to some angry miners from the eastern states and they were having technical difficulties with the machinery and wanted to speak to a person who was on leave. I didn't know how to answer the people's problems as it was only my first day.
Post a Comment