Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Closing Chapter of my Internship life


Finally, its done. How sad it is to walk out from a room after sharing it with hard-working, fun, surprising, challenging collegues. Everyday there is something to look forward to and the ever so strange clients comes in to make unimaginably funny comments or probably just another one oft he departmental people who came in to just relax and crack jokes.
Don't take me wrong but this one month interning at the council has been hectic but they do try to keep it light and add in the fun. (We can't be working in a tiredsome, colourlessenvironment now can we?)
There is always work to be done asap, every few meetings to attend in a week, press clippings to be cutted out, attending seminars and day tours and more (I can't even begin to list all of them)
I will miss coming into the office early in the morning 8am, mingling around with the staffs, running around gettting one thing done to another.
Let's not forget the long walking trip I have to make from one departmentto another. Its REALLY far! because there are two seperate buildings. With the lift not being close to finish.
I'd say all these walking have kept me pumped up for the day. ha-ha!!
This was a good experience and if I was a Malaysian, and have opportunity I definately would love to work with the council again because during my internship here I get to see from the client's point of view of how things works and the internally how the council strive to make the city a better place for all of us to live in.

No comments: