Sunday, July 20, 2008

JAXON - Professional Placement

Ok so I have begun my placement at JAXON construction, which is a sister company to the one I currently work DORIC for so I have the added benefit of being paid!!

JAXON is the residential division of DORIC Group and has both business and consumer customers which has given me a chance to get more aquainted with consumer relationships as opposed to the often stale B2B corporate world.

My placement will revolve around the following events:
  • JAXON's 50th Anniversary celebration at the art gallery of WA
  • The launch of the new pilbara collection of houses (port hedland)
  • The Port Hedland cup
My direct supervisor is the Marketing and Communications Director of the DORIC Group who has a diverse range of experience starting out in media and journalism and is a wealth of knowledge.

My duties are basically revolved around event management but also include media releases, speeches, and promotional materials associated with the events.

I am doing my placement 2 days a week whilst woring the other 2 at my normal job and then 1 day uni so am going to be busy busy busy.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated as my placement progresses!

No comments: