Monday, July 21, 2008

My first day

Hi all,

Well today was my first day for my internship at Afrasia bank. I am in the marketing and Public relation section of the company. I must say that I was relishing to work there. The people at the bank are very friendly and although I am new and also on a temporary basis, they treated me like I was in the family. This helped me a lot to settle very quickly.

Today`s task was very easy as I have been assigned to do the press cuttings, that is Media clippings. I had to take up all the articles that was related to the finance and banking sector that were published in the newspapers. Most of the press cutting that I did today was much more on what the other competitors were doing and I had to keep track on investment portfolio articles as well, since there is another section of the bank which is called Afrasia investment limited, these articles were extremely important.

Tommorow is another day and the road is long.I am hoping to learn more and do new things during my internship.

Oliver

2 comments:

Madhav said...

While you did your media clippings today, I completed my first media release.

while you collect info from the media about your company, im sending out that info.

When you think about it, you might get thinking about your future professional experience in PR and specially about the ways you'll be interacting with other practitioners.

In a near future, we will be using the same medium to communicate: the media. Thus we will each be coming across our messages regularly!

Some may be conflicting and others not.

Oliver said...

Yups Not everyone get the chance like you to start directly on a media release..:p

Think about it!! I am on internship... What the boss tell me to do.. I do it... cos am not thinking only at getting experience.. I am thinking about working for the company later on.

But Dun worry.. Am getting my chance to work on a press release soon since we are creating an event in the coming weeks...