Hi everyone,
This is my last week at Weber Shandwick Malaysia. I am very sad that my internship has come to an end but I am looking forward to apply what I've learnt here in the future when I venture out into the working world (Soon I hope). Anyways, today, I was asked to sit in for a meeting with the accounts director of the corporate and finance practice as well as the other members in the corporate and finance team. It was truly an eye opener for me because this is the first official meeting that I've ever sat in for in my life, therefore you can understand how excited I was!
During the meeting, the accounts director was talking about teamwork and understanding. She mentioned that it was vital to have teamwork among the team members. Only that way, things can run smoothly within the team and the entire management. She also mentioned that we should always think before we take any actions. We should take into consideration the implication of our actions on ourselves as well as on our team members. I totally agree with her. I feel that if people run off and do whatever they please, then it's no longer a TEAM. Members should constantly update each other as well as help out. This way, the professional relationship and productivity rate will improve within the team.
Apart from that, the director mentioned that when it comes to our clients, we should always understand who and what they are all about. Only by doing this, we, as PR professionals can anticipate what our clients want. Subsequently, we can improve ourselves and be more efficient PR professionals.
I never thought that I'd say this but I wish that my internship was longer. May sound crazy but I truly feel that I've learnt and grown so much during these two months. I hope everyone out there also feel the same about their internship. Take care everyone!
1 comment:
Wow, Weber Shandwick.. I heard it is a good PR company, isn't it? For sure gain a lot of great experience there :)
Post a Comment