Sunday, August 3, 2008

Events in my memory

Hi, everyone.

Sorry that I keep forgetting to upload my third blog essay. Finally, I remembered and post it. Today I want share my event experience with everyone. In this month, my company has joined some events. I have to work overtime to prepare those events. If the event started in the early morning, we have to set up all the things from night. It lets me remember my high school society activities. We also worked until midnights even stayed overnight in school to rush the school exhibition.

During the event, I had collected the feedbacks from customers. Organic Batik is the first in Malaysia. To understand more about our product in the market, we have to understand what are the opinion about our ‘Organic Batik’ from the customers. Everyday, I have to communicated with different people include foreign consumers. Besides that, I found that there were a lot of people who cares about global warming in Malaysia.

I have learnt how to communicate with journalists, the organizer and other participator. We have to exchange our comment with handcraft Malaysia about the event, how to improve it and what should we have to walk for chalk for the event. During the event, I have arranged media interview for our company. It was a special experience for me.

Through different events, it let me get additional knowledge about event management. Besides that, I also gained the knowledge about Malaysia traditional handcraft. I appreciate it because our life is enriching with knowledge.

Yunn Ping

2 comments:

juan said...

wowww batik!!! i love batik. i can't belive u had the chance to work with batik during your internship. so lucky to have such a great working experience with this company and apply what you have studied into this internship :)

Lien Stewart said...

That is a really great opportunity. I have not yet had the chance to organise media interviews and communicate with journalists in my placement. It is different working in-house with other departments who hold more of those communication responsablities. But one day i will, and it will be exciting!! Hope it all goes well...

Lien
Comment 2/4