Just recently my boss had asked me to work on organising some details for an event because he was too snowed under. The task was to help organise the details for refreshments and a cocktail party for the graduations happening in Hong Kong and Singapore. The idea was to make the regalia collection and graduation more comfortable, welcoming and memorable to the graduating HK and Singapore students, and to also invite alumni - who were living in those regions - to a enjoy an afternoon or evening of mingling.
I never realised how difficult it was to organise details (not even confirmations) for an event like this - especially when i am located in Perth and i am not farmiliar with the business policies of those countries. At first i emailed to see how long it would take to reply. I hoped it wouldn't take too long. But it took forever, and i feared it would never happen. So i decided to give them a direct call and ask them to forward on the information.
Once i gave them a call, they were more efficient in sending me the information that i needed. Not 100% all the time, even after nagging, but still better. So, I've learnt that when dealing with someone / a business I am not farmiliar with, it is better to make yourself known first, and hopefully that will help push you a little further along the importance chain. We needed the info for presenting the budget for approval.
I also didnt realise how expensive these things cost!
Anyways... tomorrow is my 20th day at 393 work... and it is beddy times for me!... so i'll be back to wrap it all up tomorrow.
Xx
No comments:
Post a Comment