Monday, September 29, 2008

The Aftermath

As you may have read from my last post we have just recently held our annual fundraiser at my placement organisation and I thought that would be the end of that particular project, Loud Shirt Day. However, I was quite mistaken as I learned that there is quite important followup work to be done. In the past week I have been working to issue receipts (many by hand), so people can claim an income tax deduction as we are not-for-profit. I was surprised to see many people demand receipts for donations of just $2. I also designed and printed the certificates for the schools and businesses that participated. These then had to be organised, packed and all mailed out together. The database has also had to be updated with payment details and general feedback received from donors. This feedback is very importnant as planning for next year's LSD begins shortly due to the date being moved forward to May, to become a national event. This should hopefully allow for much greater combined media exposure and of course more donations!

The Centre is fortunate to be part of an alliance of similar organisations from all other Australian states and also New Zealand. This has enabled the pooling of merchandise and other collateral materials. However the greatest benefit I have found is the sharing of information that occurs both formally (at conferences) and informally (email/phone) about PR and marketing initiatives.

I am looking forward to my last week as it is during the school holidays so it will be much quieter around the corridors and hopefully I may even get my own little office!

No comments: