I have just crossed the halfway point in my internship and it really has gone by so quickly and has been getting better and better.
Today is also Loud Shirt Day (LSD) in WA so I encourage you to all dress crazy and give us some money to help give deaf kids a voice! Simply ditch your regular office/school dress code and make a fashion statement for a gold coin donation. It doesn't have to be just a shirt it can be socks, ties, scarves anything. Beware the webiste is a national one so the date there is for next year when it is planned that it will be a simultaneous national event. Most states have already had it earlier this year.
It has been good to see the media coverage we planned coming in at about the right time. We have had some articles/photos in a few local papers and also had an interview on Curtin FM yesterday. The atmosphere at work today was really fun with all staff and kids getting into it. We are also expecting some exciting photos to be sent to us from participating schools and businesses. It has been fulfilling to work on this fundraising event from its earlier stages and now to see it actually happen and then hopefully see the money roll in next week. I can't wait to see how much has been raised.
It has been kind of strange having the work for this event start off as being quite a lot and then becoming less and less as the day approaches, I haven't directly worked on LSD in the last week. We the organisers of the event in WA so I have spent countless hours making up packs of stickers, money boxes and posters to be sent out when organisations register. I also have been soliciting new companies to join in the fun through stategic cold calling. It is through this that I found out that telemarketing is not for me. However, I did manage to secure some good leads in large offices.
Now thats all done we will do evaluation next week and I will move onto my next project.
1 comment:
Wow, LSD!
The first time I heard about it. But I thought it was a pretty good idea. At least to grab attention for donations.
Post a Comment