Hello everyone,
I am halfway through my PR 393 internship now and I have been enjoying it so far. Tomorrow is going to be my eleventh day at Kaplan Aspect and I still look forward turning up for work every time.
I ve become more familiar with how things work around the company, their daily and weekly activities, and their important rules and procedures. So far, I have to say I ve put to use a lot of what I learnt in PR 200 (Techniques). At that time, I didn't realise the importance of the unit but now I can see exactly why we had to take the unit.
During the last few weeks, I had been preparing a lot of informational brochures, flyers and posters to be handed out to the students or to be put up on the walls in Kaplan Aspect. Just last week, I created a big poster to inform the students about the new evening classes that the school is going to introduce in the next month. It usually takes more time than I thought it would and I can't emphasize how important it is to proof read and double checking.
One very important thing I ve learnt so far is to always make sure every detail of your work is correct and delivered professionally. I always try and proof read my work as many times as possible and when I m creating posters or publications, I try to make sure everything (photos, text box, title, logo) is positioned properly.
One more thing that I 'd like to share is that learning from others is very important. Regardless their behaviour or personality, and whether you agree or disagree with their actions, it is so important to understand where they are coming from and discover the reason behind their actions. Understanding others will help you communicate and manage people so much easier, and not to mention, it is obviously a very important skill in the field of public relations.
Also, time management is a crucial skill in the working environment. It is not just turning up on time for work and meetings, but it also means being able to meet deadlines and how you plan your tasks each day before you start so that you can complete everything that you plan to at the end of the day. The first few days I found it quite hard to complete everything that I had planned to. After that, I started planning each of the tasks around my daily work schedule and estimated how much time I should spend on each of the tasks. This minimized any procrastinations and I was able to get everything done by the end of the day.
Being surrounded by so many people from around the world (students) and getting the opportunity to interact with them is one of the most amazing thing about my work experience. Having said that, I now also realize the importance of PR 240 (International), understanding the different cultures and learning from them, in order to successfully communicate with them.
Alright, I ll have to stop here now. Hope everyone is having a great time too! Till next time!
CY
1 comment:
Hello, CY
Good to hear that you are having learned from your internship. I am confident you will make it if you major in PR, and I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your future posts.
At that time, I wish you the very best for your report.
Good Luck!
Han Xiao
Post a Comment