Hi everyone!
(this post is old, I didn't realise it hadn't posted!)
Seems like a busy time of the semester. It's that time of the year, assignments due, the Royal Show.. :)
I wasn't going to go, but got the opportunity to help out at The Perth Mint stall! Our first time at the Show and I think it was a success.
My shift started at 2.45 so everything was already set up. It was a lot bigger than I had expected. We had a whole range of our coins set up in display cabinets as well as The Perth Mint show bag hanging up for show. Our show bag was a really good deal and included a Sydney medallion, Young Collectors coin, 99.9% gold in a bottle, guide to coins & banknotes, 2 for 1 pass to The Perth Mint and chunky gold nugget & coin chocolates- all in an eco friendly bag for only $15! Customers could also get a coin engraved at the stall.
Throughout the day, we gave out little badges to kids, made up bags and most of all talked to a LOT of people. Which was fun. We also gave out catalogues and leaflets about the Young Collectors series. There are a lot of coin collectors out there and a lot of people I'd never have guessed would be interested. Later on I walked around the pavillion giving out more badges, which the kids seemed to love. Anything free is good :)
After a day of greasy show food and hopefully satisfied customers, everything had to be packed up. We had to complete a checklist to fill in for people working the next day and make sure all the boxes were sealed and locked away. We were the last to leave at around 9.30 and made security wait-they weren't happy. Overall a fun day
No comments:
Post a Comment