Friday, September 19, 2008

“All this noise from this matchbox”

Hello folks!!!
I'm Hema, a BA Mass Communication student from Charles Telfair Institute based in Mauritius and I am specialising in Public Relations and Journalism.


After dozens of phone calls and days of waiting for a reply, I finally found luck through Odysseus Consultants and Public Relations. Pffffff!!! I finally ‘Got That Intership!’ (with reference to the prescribed textbook ‘Get That Job’, a real gem in itself, which has mentally prepared me a lot). One thing I should mention is that patience is an essential one must be equipped with when going through the process of getting an intership. The best thing to do is to persevere, keep trying and not to get depressed.

Infact, Odysseus Public Relations is a Mauritius based PR firm offering a range of communication services to corporate clients since 2000, with specialization in media relations and event management. One of its main clients is Emirates, the Dubai based airline, for which they work since 2004. In brief, they are Emirates’ PR agency for Mauritius and Seychelles.

Odysseus PR quite recently made itself heard for having organized ‘Le Festival de la Mode 2007’, an international Fashion Show in Mauritius with famous models and foreign designers. The event got massive media coverage. This is how I came to about the consultancy. When thinking about Odysseus Public Relations, I had the image of a huge company with many busy people working. However, when I was given an induction of the organization, I was quite surprised to notice that there is a very small dedicated team behind such great accomplishments. This is when a sentence which I have read somewhere came to my mind:
“All this noise from this matchbox”…

No comments: