Good Morning All,
might I start with: how time is flying by! It is now into October, meaning our final report is nearly due...and unfortunately I am still ticking away at my internship work. Yes, I am cutting it mighty short, but we don't always win in every situation!
My words of warning to everyone...if you do your internship through your place of current employment, have strict conditions. Balancing your usual work and your internship is (or has been for me), exceptionally difficult. It is up to you on how you prioritise, and for me, more often that not, the internship work had been put off till later. I have been lucky with my manager being understanding, but it has also been a surprise to me on how long some items take to develop!!!!!!
I'm currently developing a contacts list for the federal and state government, making fact sheets for some of our projects, and had a map made for our stakeholders. Another heads up, WA is currently experiencing a shortage of skilled workers. Thus, everywhere is short staffed. Allow more time than you would think is necessary, as even the easiest task can often have a massive time blowout. For me to get a map made, well sounds very straight forward...but it wasn't!!!! Would have taken 3 weeks, if I was lucky! But thankfully, using my imagination, and contacts within another government organisation, I had the map made within the tight 2 day schedule.
Again, another interesting development has been the new state government. The contacts and close relationships of the last government are all now gone, and new contacts need to be found. My company has just produced its annual report, which is now being passed onto the new Minister for Energy. This will be the beginning of a new relationship.
I think that will be all for now, will get back to researching and writing fact sheets!
Cheers,
Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment