Monday, October 6, 2008

My Friday Night

What are you doing on last or this Friday night!?

When people enjoy their great night with their families and friends; I was having the Annual Ball meeting with the committee members at the office. Normally, the meeting would finished around 7pm. However, since the event date is getting closer and closer, our meeting recently adjourned around 8pm. It is true to say that it is an exhausted meeting. I do not have ambition to go out or have fun after the meeting, but to stay at home for having a rest instead. Although, it is time consuming, I learnt a lot from the meeting and therefore, I do not want to miss any one of these meetings. During the meeting, we have to discuss any issue aroused and think of many different ideas to solve the problems. My responsibility before having the weekly meeting is to prepare coffee and drinks for the group. This is because most of them are very tired after the long weekdays work. Therefore, my coffee is essential for them to stay awake during the meeting.

Indeed, though I am only having my work experience in the organisation, the group encouraged me to speak up and asked for my opinion during the meeting. This makes me feel my existence in the group. However, it is understandable that they will not turn to me when deciding some critical issues. I think this is because I am not so familiar with the event and this is my first time to handle such a huge event. Therefore, they need some professional ideas. In addition, I think I need to show my confidence in front of them.

Apart from the meeting, I am busy with preparing the booklet which will be distributed on the event day. It is not a hard job but extremely time consuming. I called the sponsors company to get their company logos and advertisements that they wish to put in the booklet. After that, I have to arrange them before sending to the designer. However, this process is not as smooth as I expected. Some of the sponsor companies forgot to send the advertisement on time to me and thus I cannot send to the designer punctually. I have to keep chasing the advertisement from these sponsor companies, on the other hand, I have to make apologise to the designer. It is quite embarrassing. From this experience, I learnt that I have to set the deadline a little bit earlier than what I planned so that it would not cause any delay when processing the whole job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zambi
It seems like you are learning a lot! Your placement sounds really attractive though it seems hard too.
Good luck and hope you can have some rest on weekends!