Hello PR 393 students
My third week at the MCB was a crazy one and I was very existed because I participated in my first real campaign naming “My Words, My World”. This national campaign was launch on 13 August 2008 and it has for mission to distribute Educational Packs to 125,000 children in primary school of Mauritius, Rodrigues, and Agalega. The strategy of this new campaign was to promote education by showing the importance of words to each child, making them discover the magic of words, and helping them to express properly by the help of a dictionary. They also received some exercise books and one Strip cartoon.
This campaign is remarkable because it will end only in three years as the MCB has for project to distribute this Educational Packs till 2011. This project was under the responsibility of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and I have work a lot with them contributing for the success of the campaign.
My participation for the campaign:
1. First of all I was order to inform the all employees of the MCB via “izone” the MCB intranet about the project and also ask them if they would like to help during the distribution.
2. I have also contacted the Ministry of Education and Human Resources in Mauritius to get the list of schools and the number of students. Furthermore, I got another list with 50 organisations in Mauritius that help children in difficulty, where most of them are handicaps.
3. After receiving the list from the Ministry, I was ordered to phone the 50 organisation that help handicaps children to get a confirmation of the number of children attending the classes. I take mostly five hours to make all these phone calls. I was really tried that day as in every phone call I should repeat the same questions asking them:
How many children are there in the organisation?
How many teachers?
How many volunteers?
How many classes?
And I should also give them the reason of my call, explain what the campaign consist of, why the MCB is doing this campaign. And most of the times they have other questions to ask like for example when are you coming to visit us, and at what time. I have never done so many phone calls before it was a great experience as I talk to different people getting different point of view most of the time.
4. There was also an exhibition that was held on 13 August 2008, “Corporate Exhibition Space” that reveal the history of education in Mauritius since 1767, and during this exhibition I have help preparing brochures of the campaign “My Words, My World”, as the communication department catch the opportunities that the exhibition theme was on education to reveal their new campaign.
Well, this end up my third week! I was tired but happy for having accomplished all these new stuff. I really enjoy this hard working week! The public relations in the real world was not like what I imagined it is very hard work but at the end we get full satisfaction.
Hope you are also enjoying your internship as I do.
Aasiya.
No comments:
Post a Comment