I hope you are all progressing and learning still!
My last post on here was quite dismal as in my lack of workload and responsibility. I was quite put down that my director would tell me nothing I ever do will get used before I would even start the task.
Well last week that changed!!!
Not exactly... well it sort of went like this.
My consultancy's community partner is Barking Gecko, a children's theatre and workshop organisation. You may have heard of them very recently all over the newspapers. Anyway, one of the consultants was rewriting all of the story lines and brochure content to release next season and my director said I could do the same just to kill time even though it wasn't going to be used.
Well I did and after he read it he actually asked my permission to keep and use it because he really loved what I had written and thought it was better than the job his actual consultant had done. I included a little ending poem to thank their supporters as well and he actually thought I had taken it from another source!! He didn't say it as enthused as I am, but I know he must have been surprised because he had only told me half an hour before not to worry because it was going in the bin.
This has probably been the most satisfying moment in my entire work placement. I felt over the moon when he wanted to use my work.
Take care everyone!
1 comment:
Well firstly congratulations on getting your first work at the company utilised!!!
It just goes to show no matter what people tell you, and no matter how unvalued you may feel things can and do change.
Had you just taken the directors word that none of the work you do during your internship would be used, you could have easily given up - done a half rate job on all the practise tasks you'd been assigned and not taken pride in your work.
Thankfully you didn't - your work was great - and you were rewarded.
I suppose what it comes down to is never say never - work hard and you'll be rewarded! Congrats again!!
Post a Comment