Hello everyone!
It's been more than two months since I finished my work experience in Japan.
I'm now writing the final report! I wanted to post one when I'm writing the final report because I thought it makes me think how great the experience was again. My guess was right. As I write the report, I realise how much I was able to learn from the work experience.
The public relations in the real world was not like what I imagined. I have to say it was harder than I thought. All the work needed to be really effective and perfect to match the organisation's vision and mission. Also, I really needed to know about the organisation to be a sender of information and write about it. I knew that in my mind, but when I actually tried to do, it was really hard. I'm really glad that I was able to notice that and learn from there.
Moreover, I was able to see the insight of not-for-profit organisations and also gained some contacts. I'm interested in being involved in the not-for-profit organisations in the future, so I'm sure all these will be really helpful for me.
I'm really glad that I was able to do my internship there.
Good luck everyone with the report!
Fumiko
2 comments:
Hi Fumiko
Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading how much you’ve taken away from your experience; you were really positive despite finding it challenging. And as challenging as the industry can be sometimes, it’s amazing how it teaches us to grow and adapt to what we’re presented with.
That was a great idea to leave one final blog to write during the report writing stage. I think you’ve given yourself the opportunity to reflect on what you’ve done after it has sunk in as opposed to writing it as you’re immersed in the placement experience. And isn’t it amazing how much you do when you look back on it all!
No doubt having the placement completed and settling into the report gives you a fantastic opportunity to look back on what you really thought of your experience and how it shapes you for the next phase of your life. It’s wonderful to see that you enjoyed working for a not-for-profit organisation and that you’d like to work for one again. Although I am still doing my placement, taking a look back on what I have done has made me realise that I want to look for certain values in a organisation when I enter the workforce.
You said you did your placement in Japan. Do you live there? I’m curious to know if you have read about differences in the PR field between those who are doing their placements here in Perth or elsewhere, and in Japan. It would be an interesting experience to undertake a couple of placements in different countries, just to see how different cultures and social and political systems influence the way PR operates. No doubt there are many similarities, but I think it would be fascinating to experience the subtleties in different countries, particularly on the cultural and political fronts.
All the best writing your report and I hope it gives you the direction of where you want to take your future in PR.
Best wishes!
Claire
Hi Furniko,
You make an interesting point about how important it is to understand your company's vision and mission. This is something I also learnt whilst completing my placement. I found that the more I knew about the WACA and their overall direction, the easier it was to write about it. This may sound obvious, but until I actually sat down to write my first media release, it was something I hadn't given a lot of thought to. Having knowledge of the organisation's background and purpose enabled me to write with a consistent tone and quality.
Post a Comment