Hi all,
Already the second week! Hope everyone is enjoying their internship as I do. The second week I have work on the project called MCB Football Academy (MCBFA). First of all I will explain what it consist of, MCBFA is a project created for children between 7 to 11 age group. This project targets mostly the lower social class children around the Island, using football as a medium to encourage them to go to school as only children that are send to school are able to become a member of the club MCBFA.
The strategy is to open a football club in 5 poorest regions in Mauritius where most parents are uneducated and do not find the importance of sending their child at school. The Club can train around 100 to 150 children each week. The children will be divided in age group and they will also be followed by a psychologist.
The first club was open in Curepipe, more precisely, at St Hilaire. Unfortunately, I have not attempt this first launching because my internship has started only one week after. However, I was lucky enough to participate in the second opening which was held at Post de Flacq. My work in this second week was to plan for the event, meaning that I was in charge of how many equipment was needed like for example how many balls I should bring, how many people are coming to help for the event, what was needed for lunch, how many bread and drink was needed. I have worked in close collaboration with the CSR department helping them to make the planning. However, I was a bit nervous of making mistake but I was lucky that everything goes well.
Planning this event was very exciting and sincerely I was very anxious. I do have a theory knowledge of how we plan an event as we done it in PR 200, but participating in a real event is so much more. This week I got the knowledge of what PR practice means. It is very different of what we learn in books.
In this second week I have also write a message on “izone” which is the MCB intranet where all workers get any information needed. I have written on another project the “Student Package”. This project is for student at the University of Mauritius, the MCB offers them a bank account, one MCB Maestro card, MCB MasterCard Primo with a credit amount of Rs 2000. The project was launch on 4 August 2008 and my job was to inform all the employees of the MCB about this coming up project.
So, this closed my second week of internship. I was a bite tried but was very happy about these things I accomplished in only one week. This week was very helpful for me as I have improved my communication skills as well.
Aasiya
1 comment:
Hey Aasiya,
The program you are working with sounds like it would be really great, to get a chance to make such a difference in peoples lives must be an amazing feeling.
I am almost finished my prac and I know how nerve wrecking it can be sometimes to complete tasks to a standard that you know you are capable of. The experiences you must be picking up will surely help once you finish your studies and help you understand what field of P.R you might like to work in.
Well good luck for the rest of you're prac and keep up the great work.
brett b
13388320
Post a Comment