Monday, October 6, 2008

learning from around the world....(4)

Hello everyone,



This is my final week of my internship at Kaplan Aspect Perth. Time flies and I just realised I ve already been here for nearly six weeks! I am just very grateful that I have been given the opportunity to work with such a wonderful organization and able to gain so much experience throughout my time here.
I learnt so much in so many different aspects and I feel a lot more confident now in public speaking and voicing out my ideas. I have also learnt to write and communicate in a more professional manner, after all the letters, emails and informational materials. Because I do not have any previous experiences working in an office environment, this was all very new to me at the start. I want to be nice to everyone but at the same time, I do not always want to be seen as a constant people pleaser. The last few weeks, I have been learning to balance between being a people pleaser and learning how to say no sometimes. I do not deliberately say no and not do something unless I really do have no time at all or if I feel it may be just taking advantage of me. However, most of time I try to help out in most of the duties around the office as much as possible, because after all, I m here to learn.

All I can say is that I enjoy every minute of it and I do not regret anything at all. PR 393 is by far one of the best unit ever implemented in Curtin as it definitely achieved its main objective which is to prep students for their future careers.

Being around so many students from all around the world has also definitely been a bonus for me as I love learning about other people and cultures. Being exposed to all different cultures and types of people has helped me understand the world so much more than I used to. I have always planned to work in an international organization as I like travelling and meeting new people. It helps me expand my horizons.
I thought I would just share this quote with all of you,
" look at how people are doing things differently and ask yourself if you should learn from them".

That's all from me for now. Till next post!
Hope you all are having an awesome time! :)

Regards,

CY

No comments: