Hello All,
This will be my last blog about SERCUL and we are getting ever so close to the end of semester! Well I have thoroughly enjoyed this unit and am very glad I got to participate in it as it has given me an insight into the outside world of PR. I am so glad I did the majority of the assigned work in PR Techniques because a lot of the work I did for SERCUL was exactly what we did in that unit. I got to do many media releases for SERCUL events, such as the SERCUL nightstalk which involved community and staff members searching for nocturnal animals around the Yule Brook Precinct. I also made many brochures and flyers to advertise Fertilise Wise and other staff projects along with writing articles for the SERCUL newsletter. Overall I have gained a lot of respect for small not-for-profit groups and what they do for our communities, and I was glad to do my part and help develop their communication strategies. Many of the staff at SERCUL would tell me that their organisation and others alike are desperate for media attention and PR enthusiasts but have little or no funding for it, therefore I hope they continue their placements with PR 393 and gain student potential.
I hope everyone enjoyed their time with their placements as much as I did!
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment