Hey all,
Remember my last post?? It was supposed to be the end of my internship!!! But guess what??
I got an extension for my internship contract. In fact, I was supposed to finish on the 30th of September, but again It was extended to the 15th of October.
Well, I must say that my last post was quite short. But I got an amazing time at the company am working for. It was really a nice experience. As usual, I have to do the press cutting everyday (am used to it now Lol). Besides the press cutting, well I`ve been doing some tasks, such as upadting the email list database of clients. It was not fun I must say, as I had to go to each RM(Relationship Managers) to get these data and since they were all busy with their job, I had to wait for weeks before the list could be finalized.
Then, there were some amazing stuffs that I did and which was linked with PR. The first thing I did was to do a welcoming speech for the CEO. Then, I almost made a Blog proposal for the company and I think the Board accepted the proposal.
Furthermore, I was also involved in the creation of some Newsletters, Internal and External. I was also asked to see some press releases and see if its good. Its just too bad that I was not given the chance to do it, since they use to outsource most of them, since they just opened one year ago. Furthermore, there were some press conferenses that were made, but again since I had to go to courses, i was not able to attend these conferences, as I am doing my internship plus studying at the same time. There are days where I am not able to come because of my courses. It is just too bad. I really missed some good opportunities to get some more experience and making some contacts.
But, I really really enjoyed my stay in the company. Integrating and becoming part of the AfrAsian family is an amazing experience. I still remember my first day in the company, one of the staffs told me:"Once you are here, you`ll love it and quitting is not an option". I think she was right.
My biggest suprise was when they did their first anniversary cocktail , internal staff only. I was invited and they made a powerpoint presentation, a quick review about their good moments with some pics. And suddenly, there was one slide with all the names of the staff for the year 2008. Here I was, seeing my name as one of the staff. So, they did not consider me as just only a student doing his internship but as a colleague and a team member.
Therefore, I can say that I am an AfrAsian now.
So here we are guys. That`s the end of my internship. Sorry for not giving more info about my placement and activities that I carried out since they are private and confidential in nature.
Cheers guys and good luck for those who are still doing their internship.
Oliver
No comments:
Post a Comment