Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sad and Glad

I have finally come to the end of my internship and the end is marked by a wonderful and fulfiling experience which I have gained from the familiarization trip which we have planned for our clients.

Since my last post, a lot of planning and re-planning has been done to ensure that it was going to be a flawless trip for all our delegates but as with Murphy's law and with every event that I have been part of, we know that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
There were so many changes to take care of even as the tour was taking place but the key is to always be prepared and to be able to think on your feet.

We had a fantastic responses, with a total of 20 people taking part in the tour and although it was tiring, it was a really enjoyable process. The relationships we built with each and every delegate, surpassed any tangible benefit which we might have wished to achieve from this tour. The most satisfying part of it, was the appreciation which I not only received from my team members and superiors but also from each and every delegate. There was a great sense of satisfaction to knowing every single person personally and being the first person they came to, whenever they needed something. From purchasing medicine for a delegate who was not feeling well, to getting durians for brave delegates and having delegates who could not speak English to warm up to you. This was a fantastic journey and all the hard work done during this internship and project was well-worth the sweat, tears and stressful moments.

I would do it again all in a flash and while this is officially the end of my internship. I am glad to say that I am going back to my day job where I will be taking this to a whole new level. There is still much to be done but I'm glad that I will still be doing it.

Leikela

No comments: