Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sport, sport, sport

Hi all,



Almost done with my prac at Channel 9. I've been doing some slightly more exciting tasks since my last blog. I've been gathering promotional photos from organisations Channel 9 sponsors for publication on the Channel 9 website. I've been liasing with the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers (is it not weird that they sponsor both teams? I thought it was) to get some pictures of their more high-profile players to put on Channel 9's website. I was also helping out with the organisation of a Channel 9/Fremantle Dockers competition, where contestants had to create a slogan to go on the Fremantle banner that shows before a game. The prize was a trip to Melbourne to see Fremantle play Collingwood where the winner's banner would be shown at the game. I had to organise flights, accomaodation, and keep in contact with the winner and runners-up (they weren't very grateful people, just quietly). That was a downside, having to constantly call people who clearly didn't want to talk to you. But I suppose that happens in any industry.



I also finally finished with City to Surf preparations. As mentioned in my previous post, a lot of my input was just organising Channel 9 shirts for the staff at the network who were competeing. But I also helped with 'recruiting' staff to particpate, which was a bit of a task! I did rounds of the office with City to Surf brochures and applications forms, and talked it up to make it sound very appealing. I sounded almost convincing, until people asked me if I was doing it too, and I replied with a no, but that they definately should! The one thing I learnt from this task is that people aren't that keen to agree to strenuous exercise when they're stressed out at work. Remember that little pearl of wisdom, everyone. But I ended up getting quite a few staff on board, and it ended up being a really good day.

I also helped out with the signage for the City to Surf, which was giant posters of Channel 9 shows like Underbelly, Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, and the Footy Show, that were placed at certain intervals of the course to let participants know how far they had to go. I also organised a shuttle bus for Channel 9 staff that took them back to the CBD from the beach once they had finished the race.

So most things lately have been very sports-oriented. I have the sudden urge to take up exercise.

Over and out.

No comments: