Now at the tail-end of this unit, like many of you, I am now putting the finishing touches on my report. To be honest, I started compiling the report at the very start of the unit. But now looking back on my whole experience I can see how much I have actually learnt.
The most suprising this which I have realised whilst writing the report is how much of the initial or founding principles of public relations are relevant in the real-life world of PR. From the very first unit in public relations which I undertook (PR102) I can now see the pathways from text book and theory to the actual practice of public relations. However, what I have come to understand most is that much of the skills required for successful PR work are those that come naturally to most of us who are drawn to the field.
I’m sure a lot of people would agree with me that their passions in communication and interaction are what motivated them to the Public Relations Industry. Much of the everyday work in this industry is communications-based; therefore you must really truly love this kind of work to be amongst it!
I thin the most crucial part of my experience came from the realisation that despite how much I love to talk, the key to being successful in this industry is equally based on how well you can listen. The communication process is never a one-way street, and we must learn how to deal with people who don’t know how to communicate, don’t like to communicate, or just don’t care. It is a challenge very day, but certainly one that I love.
I hope that each of you have enjoyed and learned from your experiences as much as I have and I wish you all the best in the future.
Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment