Sunday, March 29, 2009

An enriching experience

Looking back, I can say that I benefitted from the internship program than I thought I would in a number of ways:-

 It has enhanced my confidence, especially when I have successfully accomplished a given task all by myself.
 I learned that co-operation, teamwork and meeting deadlines are all important for the success of any project.
 The internship has helped to improve my communication skills.
 It gave me the chance to interact and work with the public relations staff of a real organization, something I can never get from classroom tutorials.
 I was able to apply the PR theory I learnt on the importance of media clippings, updating media list and monitoring the media coverage to my work and understand better the vital role they play in an organization’s public relations plan.

Reading the other blogs with all the helpful advice and shared experiences gave me a better insight into public relations practice in the real world.

To conclude, I can state that my internship at Limkokwing University was an enriching experience and provided me with some perspectives that I did not come across during my studies at the university.

Though my contribution during my internship period may have been small, I believe it had a positive impact.

No comments: