A big ‘HI’ again to all fellow interns from Tri1A 2009!
I have finally completed my internship on 27 Mar 2009 but only managed to find the time to enter my final post now. During the final week of my internship, I met the designer and photographer to discuss the souvenir magazine for the fundraising event I mentioned in my entry on 22 Mar 2009. The magazine will include details of the beneficiary, sponsors, advertisements and write-up on all the artistes who will be performing at the event. Like me, both the designer and photographer are volunteering on a pro bono basis.
Throughout my 20 working days of internship, I had the chance to draft media release, take client’s brief and prepare a PR proposal. It was a very interesting experience for me and I believe there are still a lot of things for me to learn and equip myself to work in the PR world.
Even though my internship has officially ended, I will still be assisting my internship supervisor on the fundraising event. I am really looking forward to conduct the various interviews with the artistes as well as organize the press conference which will be my very first contact with the Singapore media. I am so excited!
This is all I have to say for my final post and all the best to the rest of you in your internship and enjoy it while it lasts!
I have finally completed my internship on 27 Mar 2009 but only managed to find the time to enter my final post now. During the final week of my internship, I met the designer and photographer to discuss the souvenir magazine for the fundraising event I mentioned in my entry on 22 Mar 2009. The magazine will include details of the beneficiary, sponsors, advertisements and write-up on all the artistes who will be performing at the event. Like me, both the designer and photographer are volunteering on a pro bono basis.
Throughout my 20 working days of internship, I had the chance to draft media release, take client’s brief and prepare a PR proposal. It was a very interesting experience for me and I believe there are still a lot of things for me to learn and equip myself to work in the PR world.
Even though my internship has officially ended, I will still be assisting my internship supervisor on the fundraising event. I am really looking forward to conduct the various interviews with the artistes as well as organize the press conference which will be my very first contact with the Singapore media. I am so excited!
This is all I have to say for my final post and all the best to the rest of you in your internship and enjoy it while it lasts!
2 comments:
Hi Sherine!
Good to hear that you have completed your internship and that you will still be assisting in the event! I'm also planning on volunteering myself at where I am at now (WA Deaf Society) after I complete the 393.
The experience we gain through this placement is invaluable!
I realised that it is quite difficult to actually write a media release that would suit the organisation. My experience was that it always come back with many editing to be done just to suit the culture of the organisation. Just wondering how did you fare for your drafting of media release?
Best wishes to you after this placement and hope you've gain useful skills and knowledge to bring with you after graduation!
hi, Sherine. it is nice to hear that you have completed your internship. this is the second month of my intership, and i still have one more month to complete my intership because i had promised the organization that i will work for 3 months the first day i joint Corporate Communication.
i believed that it will be a great experience for you since you are going to conduct interviews. because i had conducted some interviews of community leaders for our 10th year anniversary events. it is really great.
best wishes for you after your replacement, and i hope you can learn more skills when you are working in PR field in the future.
Post a Comment