Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PR 393 in Boulevard Enterprise Done! - Week 4

Hi everyone! This is my last week in Boulevard Enterprise for my PR 393 internship. Finally, the internship will be coming to an end!

The start of the week was really busy as we were calculating the expenditure of the ‘Pesta Boulevard’. There was actually not much happening this week since the event ended up on 4th January 2009. The lucky draw results were supposed to be released on the last day. Due to the coupons for the lucky draw not being entirely distributed, the lucky draw had to be postponed to the 18th January 2009. Therefore, consumers could get higher chances to win more big prizes! The result for the Celcom signboard competition from the Christmas tree was released on the last day of Pesta Boulevard. I took part by participating in counting the real amount of the signboard.






I have been appointed to do the media clippings with my colleague for the period August till December 2008 since the week was getting too relaxed in the mid-week. We had to scan through the past newspapers and cut out those events that were organized by our organization. Besides that, we also need to cut out those interesting events organized by other organizations as references so that we can generate more ideas for the other coming events.

After the Pesta Boulevard ended, our department started planning some events for the coming Chinese New Year. The most interesting one had to be the lion dance and singing competition for children. There is also throwing mandarin oranges into the pond inside of the shopping complex. Unfortunately, I will not be a part of this as I will be returning to my hometown for the festive season.

My manager planed to invite me back to work with them when the semester starts. In the end, I did not get the chance to go back since there were not many events in the coming months. However, I have joined the Kaying Association Miri to plan an event for them in this semester. Kaying Association Miri is a private association formed by the people who come from same dialect. This is one of the ways to tie them up together as a family. The association also helps other non-profit organizations to raise funds to help those who are in need.

I believe that what I have learnt in Boulevard enterprise from the one month’s time will help me in planning a talent show for the association. The purpose of the event is to create awareness for the association and it’s a charity activities.

Here I would like to acknowledge the organization I have practiced in – Boulevard Enterprise. Thanks to my manager and colleagues who was willing to teach me new techniques and skills in event planning.

I do believe that I will fully utilized what I have learnt in Boulevard Enterprise in my future career.

-END-


-Shirlene-
13574242


P/S: The blog that I have written was flashback of what I have done in the summer holidays.

1 comment:

Qastury said...

Hey there,

I would like to congratulated you with your success. It is really interesting to be able to do all the tasks that was given to you. It look fun and I think you had a wonderful time working there. Currently I am working at a magazine company called Colosoul and we are busy planning for our upcoming events. I am really looking forward to it and I know I will enjoy my time working at Colosoul. Thank you for sharing your internship experience with us.