Friday, May 29, 2009

Interviews and Research

as part of the 10th year anniversary of Curtin Sarawak, corporate communication wanted so comments and testimonial from the local community leaders and organisation that also invest in Curtin Sarawak. I was appointed to write some questions and also attend the interviews to observe and also conduct an interview. Some of the VIPs that were listed in to be interviewed was, The Mayor of Miri City, Managing Director of Sarawak Shell Berhad, Sarawak Tourism Board Executive, one of the Assemblyman in Miri, Resident of Miri Division, and a local ethnic community leader or a councilor.

Doing some research on the background of these VIPs and their organisations, since to get the questions ready for the interviews and what to ask them. As one of the interviewee was one of the foundating members of Curtin Sarawak, Pujut Assemblyman YB Andy Chia.

One interview was conducted and recorded in video, I was excited to have my hands on video camera again since haven't been doing any FTV units this sem.

Was a good experience and dealling with VIPs schedule was one of the experience as well, it's like dealling with journalists however VIPs have more tight schedules.

Peter Jamba from Miri Campus

1 comment:

BasilliaNicea said...

It must have been difficult to decide on what questions to be asked, haven't it? In case it wasn't good enough or so..

I heard about the feedback session. I hope it will help to improve next year's events.