We're in the final stage of the pre-production of our video for the upcoming National Soup Day. It's interesting planning something that you can visualise and conceptualise but at the end of the day, you have no clue about how your going to go around doing it. Thats when you rope in other students who are looking for some experience as well.
Because neither me or my supervisor knew anything about filming anf editing, I posted an ad on a film website asking for help from film students. The response we got was overwhelming! It was so encouraging to see so many people wanting to work with us for free. I was glad to have sourced out these people and I think my supervisor was quite impressed as well.
The joy of having something like YouTube around is that small organisations like ours who have small projects are able to utilise it as an avenue to get our message across. A friend of mine made a comment about why we'd want to use YouTube as a platform and how it would probably lower the standard of our reputation. I partially agreed with him but when I thought about it, I realised that he was wrong. I'm on YouTube constantly looking at different things. Would I consider some of the videos dodgy? Yes. But there are many videos on it that send a serious message, that showcase serious issues that matter to us. It's a great learning tool and a free platform to state your case.
For an organisation who has limited funding and a severe lack of manpower, this is an ideal way for people to find out who we are. And they can do it whenever they want, as many times as they want. Now, isn't technology just fantastic like that?!
1 comment:
Hi Ash,
I couldn't agree with you more on how useful YouTube is. It has become a medium for many people in the world who wants to express themselves or inform others. However, I do not think that uploading videos in YouTube may lover the standard of the company's reputation. I think that it all depends on the video that is posted up, how good or bad the quality is. The better the quality, the better the brand image of the company.
Post a Comment