Thursday, July 30, 2009

Internship at Weber Shandwick - Post 2

My internship at Weber has definitely gotten more exciting. Time passes real quick in the office. Unlike my other internships, I always have something to do. Since it is a very fast-paced office, there's nothing that bores me. I have been given more responsibilities at work which always keeps me alert. I also discovered how the PR agency deals with crisis. Like mentioned in class in PR Media, as PR practitioners we need to watch what we say to the media if or when approached by them in a crisis.

One aspect of the internship (before I started) that I was looking forward to was writing. I would love the opportunity to immerse myself in writing for clients, as I was taught in PR Techniques. For example, fact sheets and press releases. However I have not been presented with that opportunity.

As I learnt about ethics in PR in the classroom, I see how it is applied in the "real world". It was written in the Code of Conduct that we must refuse all sorts of gifts that will or appear to be influencing any actions or decisions made towards/for the clients.

Talk to you all in a bit.

Cheers,
Fidah

No comments: