Monday, August 17, 2009

Linc Integrated - Into the swing of things!

Hello again!

I'm well into my professional placement now and haven't had a moment to stop since I started at Linc Integrated's PR division! What a learning curve it's been so far!

I'm currently helping out with the PR for Garden City, Karrinuyp and Ocean Keys Shopping Centres, who all fall under the AMP umbrella! I've just finished multiple media releases and letters of invitation to an event Garden City is holding for the Spring Summer Fashion Launch for VIP members of their website. What an experience! It's been fun, not to mention a real wake up about how much work this industry can be (even for a small event).

My other workload has revolved around property groups and new development work they're doing, and also some work for the Activ Foundation. Having already done three interviews for different media releases I now feel a lot more confident about my ability as an interviewer! It's not as intimidating as I originally thought.

My top tips for interviewing:
1. Be friendly, relaxed and confident
2. Don't be afraid to ask the interviewee to repeat something or to spell their name (you don't want to annoy them and spell it wrong if it goes to print!)
3. Write quickly - you don't want to miss any good quotes
4. Remember to check if the interviewee is happy to be contacted by the press should they require further information about them or would like to come and take their photo
5. Manners go a long way - always be polite and remember that they are giving you their time, so listen up and stay focused!

I hope every one's professional practice is going as well as mine! It's a great experience so don't let anything get by you. If you don't have anything to do...then ask! You only get out what you put it.

Thanks for listening, Tara

2 comments:

Christy wan said...

Hi,

Thanks for the top tips for interviewing,it is useful at all times. However, can you give me some other tips in answering the harshly question from the media, for example when your company is facing crisis?

Have a good day,
Christy

tnash said...

Hi Christy,

Yeah that's a great point!

I would say that most companies have set protocols for dealing with the media during a crisis situation.

It would probably be better to be briefed during such a time for Dos and Donts so everyone is on the same page and not letting go of information that they shouldn't.

I would say that as a general rule during a crisis that a company should be honest...although I'm sure we can find many instances where this has not been the case!

I havn't yet had to deal with a crisis of any magnitude yet(Thank god)!

Thanks, Tara