I am Christy from Curtin University of Tecnology, Miri campus. This is my first entry for PR 393 blog. Now, I am going to share with you all about my experiences gained when doing my internship in two organisations which are Kim Teck Cheong and Miri Kaying Association.
However, I will be more focus on the placement that I recently working for which is Miri Kaying Association. During my first week of the training, there was an interactive session whereby all the committee of the association and members which is made up by community have an informal way of interacting with each other. Well, I must say that I love the session so much. Besides that, it is a great opportunity for me as a new member to know each other in the fastest way. The aims of the session are to gather all Hakka members and to maintain the traditional Hakka spirits of friendly or should i say hospitable?
During the session, committee pointed out some of the issue that the association is facing now which including lack of younger generation membership . Then the rest of the committees and members shared their opinion in an attempts to tackle the problems. Perhaps, it is a way for me to get a better understanding regarding the internal, and external environment of the association.
Before I joined Kaying Association, there is another ongoing preparation for the upcoming event which is "Primary School Mathematic Competition". The event will be organized in September 12, 2009. Besides, I was being assigned to work with Public Relations Director, Mr Hiu in organising the Mid-autumn festival at Boulevard Restaurant which is falls on 25th of September, 2009. I was excited upon heard that I can participate in the event. It is a way for me to show my creative and ability to run the event well.
Indeed, both of the members here are friendly and helpful, and I actually looking forward to create a sparkle in working as a team with them in the upcoming event. Alright, I think I have said enough for this time, I will include some flashback regarding my first internship in the next post.
Cheers,
Christy
No comments:
Post a Comment