Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wrapping up CelebriArt 2009 + more...

For many of you who read my first blogs you would know that i was involved in the publicity side of CelebriArt 2009. It was my role to write press releases and compose a media list in which they were going to be sent out to. My boss (Nicki Williams- SPYN PR) was very happy with my work as we gained coverage in both State and Local newspapers.

The event itself was fabulous and we raised heaps of money for the kids at PMH. I am now onto another project with the King St Art Gallery and the launch of an online fashion boutique that i will blog about shortly.

Whilst before i wasn't phased whether i worked at an in-house PR area or an outside consultancy, i have now found a love for consultancy work. I love the fact that i have a range of clients that i can work with which has improved my understanding of the PR in ALL fields. I can now proudly say i have worked in the areas of Land Development Projects, Non-For Profit organisations/events and now more recently art and fashion (which i will blog about shortly).

I feel my learning has been so enriched by this as most people wouldn't have been given the opportunities and great experiences i have. I've managed to understand all facets of the PR role as well as build and manage some great relationships with members of the media which will be very useful for my career. I have also done well over my 20 days (probably nearer to 50) but feel i should embrace every opportunity and never knock one back as you never know what may just open the door to a better opportunity and possibly a fantastic job!!

Stay tuned to hear about my work with the King St Art Gallery and the launch of www.rockafrock.com.au 2009.

1 comment:

tnash said...

Wow Jessica! It really sounds like you've got a really good perspective on the industry after working at a consultancy.

I'm also at a consultancy and agree with you about it being more fun, the diveristy of the role really allows for you to experience a range of work. I've worked with a range of clients so far, from The Activ Soundation to the other extreme of Garden City organising a VIP fashion launch!

The events you've worked on sound awesome, I wish I could have been there! Sounds like you're having a great time and a really worthwile experience. I can't wait to find out what you do next!

Sincerely, Tara