A week before the wedding dinner, I was responsible to call the selected part-time waiters and waitresses to inform them of works during the wedding dinner. Three days before the wedding dinner, I need to remind them as well as to confirm their attendance on the wedding day. Some of the full-time staffs were trained to handle and deal with customers in a professional manner. They were given details on conducting the opening ceremony of the wedding dinner where at the same time the first dish is to be served.
Basically, all the activities in wedding dinners tend to be similar and repetitive, such as singing, dancing, and other performances. Due to the Boulevard Restaurant policy, I can only show some photos during the wedding dinners.
On the same day of the wedding dinner, there's also a celebration dinner held by SMK Chung Hua Miri's Lion Dance club at Boulevard Restaurant. The dinner was held to celebrate the school's success in raising school funds through the lion dance visits during Chinese New Year and to reward the students who had participated in the event. In general, Boulevard Restaurant's planning process is quite universal. What I did in organizing the celebration dinner was pretty much the same as the wedding dinner which involved decorating the stage, planning, checking the audio systems and others.
The celebration dinner attracted a lot of teachers and students to come to share their happiness and the success of lion dance performance during Chinese New Year. Before the dinner started, the principal of SMK Chung Hua Miri gave a speech to express his thankfulness for their effort throughout the Chinese New Year. The chairman of the school gave the students "ang pao" as a reward too. During the dinner, there were plenty of interesting performances such as dancing, singing and live band which is performed by students.
Group photo in Boulevard Restaurant:

My experience from the given tasks has been very rewarding. From the work, I've gained useful practical experience by applying the theoretical PR knowledge onto it. The work has given me opportunities for professional and personal development. I'm pleased that all the seniors and manager are very friendly, supportive, and generous in teaching me everything. If I have any questions, they will teach me patiently. It's really flattering.



No comments:
Post a Comment