Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the end its all about Repuatation.....

Hello All

Im really enjoying my time at ANZ so far! Although I have only been here for about 8 days im getting very attached to my co-workers and the events that im helping out with.
Currently im working on gathering everything that ANZ team requires to participate in the Cancer Councils Relay for Life, which is coming up on the 1st and 2nd of May. This has involved exciting tasks such as designing t-shirts and putting together the team handbook.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit in on a meeting between Ivana (ANZ events & promotions co-ordinator) and Anita a representative from the Starlight Foundation. The whole meeting revolved around Anita “selling” the charity in order to gain ANZ support for a number of up and coming events. Anita told us few uplifting stories about the Make a Wish program and asked Ivana all about ANZ’s past involvement with the charity and others including the Ronald McDonald House.

The Relay For Life, meeting and Ivana’s relationship with Anita really highlighted to me just how real and significant “Corporate Social Responsibility” is in the workplace. I have learnt that ANZ spends a great deal of time and money supporting local communities and becoming involved which such foundations and events, all of which ultimately adds to their strong and admirable reputation.

That’s all I have for now, will keep you guys updated about future discoveries!

Charlotte, PR 393 Curtin Bentley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte! It’s interesting to hear about ANZ’s CSR activities since I don’t really see much of their community work publicised. But I guess that is a better thing because it should all be about WANTING to do it, not just reputation. I have a quick question, does ANZ get involved in a variety of community activities or does it have a more strategic approach in regards to the type of projects they will support? Does ANZ have select criteria for the type of projects it will support? I bet they must get a lot of requests for funding!

Tiffany said...

Hey Charlotte!
It sounds like you are having a great time with ANZ and getting a lost of valuable experience.
I am also interested in Nathaly question. It would be interesting to know their guidelines behind this.