Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DBS COMMUNICATION STRATEGY

I was given a task of conducting a communication strategy research method. The communication strategy was designed to deliver on internal and external communication needs and was developed for the life span of 2010-2016.

Through this I managed to learn how research is the best tool to ensure that communication strategy is on target. Different methods of research were used at all levels f or example I conducted a communication audit, since we were pinpointing strengths as well as areas needing improvement for the future of the organization. I structured the communication audit in its four stages:

1. Initial planning and design ;I came up with a plan on how I was going to approach my research, came up with objectives and identified question areas.
2. Gathering information and interviewing; I reviewed existing communication policies, procedures , programmes and materials
3. Collating and analyzing results ; I summarized responses recorded in discussions groups and interviews.
4. Writing report with recommendations; I reviewed existing communication programmes and recommended on new ones.

1 comment:

Naledi Dialwa said...

GOOD WORK Lame
it is kind of amazing to still learn that some people seem to believe that public relations is simply creating the correct message or "spin" as they call it. but there is more to that. i can imagine the strength and the time u came up with all those super strategies. You have really contributed a lot DBS, That is by helping to develop or evaluate message system aimed at accomplishing their objective.i really liked the way you even explained every step.

goodluck