After hectic days of paper work in the office about event schedule came the day of fun, the shooting day. I was given the responsibility to schedule shooting of the reality music show “Musik Jamz” and resource management. Hence I had come up with the schedule checklist and the day itinerary. The day before shooting I informed the light and camera crew. And then finally called the celebrity to reconfirm the time, the day did not go as smoothly as I thought it would. It started with setting up the set which was carried out by the HR department, then ushering in the guest which I did personally. And then finally after gathering everyone and completion of the shooting setup the show started. It was very exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time as the show was live. There was a lot of coordination conducted by the director to make the show to look presentable as the set was not that impressive. After pack up I felt relieved but it was not over as I had to arrange transport for the guest. And clear out equipments from the set. After the day of work I realized I was doing more HR coordinator work then PR, the marketing department of the organization was doing most of the public relation work. As in dealing with clients and proposing promotional events, and there is a lot of room for improvement in the PR department. The organization could recruit few more professionals to structure the PR department and enhance it so all those responsibilities can be carried out by the department. While marketing can just focus on their specific task because all the promotional plot of the organization are more marketing based now. It’s not just NTV but most of the organization in Bangladesh follows the same method and mostly HR department carries out the PR work. PR is yet to evolve in this part of the world, but one thing is for sure there is a lot of opportunity for one to excel in this field since there is very little competition.
Peace
Ehsan Kabir
3 comments:
You had an experience of managing schedule checklists, informing staffs, even calling a celebrity?
I salute you since my supervisor didn't really gave me that type of responsibility and for being able to manage it successfuly.
Good job man
This also occurs in a few other counties as well and not just in Bangladesh. The role of public relations has been replaced by human resource as many people think that it’s the same thing. I think that this should be sorted out by the organizations, as it can be misleading as well as confusing because these two sectors are not the same at all.
Post a Comment