Monday, September 27, 2010

Hyatt site visit for Global Good Gala Event

Just to keep you all in the loop with what’s been happening at GGF, I thought I should update you on our site visit to the Hyatt Regency Perth on Friday for the upcoming Global Good Gala Event.

Myself and the other interns really got to see what the ins and outs of planning a large-scale event are!

It was hard to keep up with the meetings with the sound and lighting technicians, and hotel event coordinator. From floor plans, to table arrangements, to running times, setting up on the day, the different managing roles for the night and so much more!

It’s been very valuable viewing Tenille, the founder of GGF, and Tiffany, the Corporate Communications Manager and their approach to handling the lead up to such a large event. They even managed to arrange a free tasting of two full 3-course meals to trial the different menu items! I really value their attention to detail in ensuring the success of the night goes ahead with the high standards they have set.

Tenille has had an image of what she sees the night to be - full of elegance, entertainment and glamour, which has all been designed with a lot of creativity. She is very conscious of the image that GGF will be communicating to a crowd that consists of a large proportion of powerful, high-status corporate guests. This is where it has become clear how important PR is. All the messages that will be conveyed on the night are tied in with the overall theme and image of the organisation. Even down to the flower arrangements matching the purple theme of GGF!

I have found it quite inspiring how much time and effort Tenille has put into pulling off what looks to be an amazing event. I value the highly aimed goals she has set and determination to not settle for less. I think it’s a valuable lesson to take on board, that putting effort into the finer details from an early stage will produce great results in the end. I think myself and the other interns are all very excited for the event that takes place at the end of October and look forward to the positive results it is predicted to generate for the organisation.


No comments: