Hello fellow interns!
“My name is Zahirah. I’m the Events/PR Assistant from The Global Good Foundation”. That was essentially what I had to repeat the whole day on my first day at The Global Good Foundation. My first day and I had to make some follow up calls. Quite nerve wrecking but I got over it. I can be such a drama queen sometimes.
For anyone who is interested, Global Good Foundation is a not for profit organization that helps people affected by domestic violence through empowerment, opportunities and education. They’re based at Newcastle Street, Northbridge.
Well, it’s day 9 of my internship and I am still adjusting between the GGF’s workload and schoolwork. Not that GGF is piling me with a lot of work; it’s just that I’m taking 4 modules this semester so I have various deadlines to meet. Who’s feeling me, raise up your hands!
But I guess I couldn’t have asked for a better organization to work with for my internship and first job as a ‘PR practitioner’. Being a newcomer to Perth, international student and all, I should say that I’m proud of myself for being able to adapt and overcome the cultural differences rather quickly.
Tenille, the guiding founder of GGF and my boss, is really nice and supportive. Not to mention very pretty too! She has a chief publicist working with her in the office, Tiffany, who is a Curtin Graduate from Marketing and PR. Whoop! J Both Tenille and Tiffany are very concerned in having all the interns at GGF to embark on a learning experience rather than just see this placement as just a job.
My fellow interns are awesome too. 4 out of 5 interns are from Curtin. So we definitely hit if off instantly. There’s Joyce, Rebecca, Ciara, Kelly and myself. Each of us busy working with different events for GGF like the Diamond Media Launch, Global Good Gala Event and a ‘Convicts for a Cause’ Fundraising event.
On a totally unrelated matter, one day during lunch, I chanced upon this pair of cats sitting on a windowsill of one of the apartments near our office. They looked so adorable. Before this picture was taken, the brown cat had its head on the white cat’s shoulder. Uber cute! They shall be named ‘ Phoebe’ and ‘Piper’.
Anyway, to wrap up, I think my placement has made me realized that I’ve to really know what my priorities are and work my time around them.
Will update more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment