Monday, September 27, 2010

Rainy Friday

Hi everyone, hope we're all doing great! Been quite up and down the last few days. There's an event going on right now but since it's lunch break, I decided to drop by here.

There's an event coming up called Maya 2010, an Indian Dance Competition and to prepare for it, we held a pre-publicity mini-event for it last Friday. Everything seemed fine until we waited for 2 and half hours for the VIP to arrive.

With all the people that had been invited, media inclusive, the VIP guest arrived at 9p.m and received a great Limkokwing welcome which includes drumming. I guess it's either Chinese culture or just Malaysia culture. Or even better, Limkokwing culture because I've never seen or heard it anywhere else.

To add on the late arrival of the VIP guest, it started drizzling right about 5p.m and it increased at 8p.m. The event had been staged outdoors so they had to move the equipment ASAP before the guest speaker arrived. So maybe it all worked out for the best. (The late arrival of the guest that is).

Once the event started at 9:05p.m, everything went smoothly and by 10p.m, the pre-event was wrapped up. There were performances by Malay and Indian dancers, appearances by Limkokwing models and a number of short speeches by the VIP guest himself and Tiffanee Lim.

As of what I did, I was given the task of registering the media personnel that came for the event. That was pretty much of what I did but I got to meet many people from different leading media houses in Malaysia. And yes, of course had to ask for their business cards as well.

What I learnt that day was to be time cautious and to respect others' time as well. Not to be late when other people are depending on me. And also, the importance of welcoming people politely most especially the MEDIA, because they can either build your reputation, or tarnish it.

Thanks for reading and God bless.

Much love

Stellar Kiwanuka...

No comments: