Monday, September 27, 2010

Venue??

Hello Bloggers,
My past week has been rather hectic! After discovering our approved venue is in fact a safety hazard with one working power point. The search is now on for a venue within our budget, big enough to display over 150 photographs, located in the City of Perth or Northbridge and can fit a minimum of 100 people.....Any ideas?
We are hoping everything will come together as the 5th of November is approaching faster than I'd like!
We have received a positive and overwhelming response of photography submissions as well as volunteer emails.  Ive never been put in the position of having to interview potential applicants, but it must be done in order to provide reliable and capable staff.  I will have to select a minimum of 10 people and I think the success of the event lies in the people running it.
Like I said last blog if any of you are interested please email me :  Celeste_walks@hotmail.com

I have also been working on Excursion days for Lomovember.  Several schools have been approached and contacted in relation to the 4 sessions we will be conducting over the week of November.  The excursions will be held by myself along with another two volunteers.  The session will include a guest speaker (professional photographer) a light lunch and photography activities.  The reason this idea came about was because I wanted to attract a wider audience than what attended last year.  What was missing, was teenagers and parents.  The idea is that an invite will be sent out to schools, finalised, then a postcard and or fridge magnet containing to event details will be sent out to students attended.  The information will then reach the parents and grandparents who may be interested in donating or bidding on auctioned items.

I have alot of work to do, and better get back to it! I'm loving the workload and the challenge but will be happy once it all comes together!

I hope youare all enjoying your internships,
Celeste x



No comments: