Friday, September 24, 2010

Working Hard and Never Give Up!!

"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, face the facts."
Ruth Gordon

I started my internships like two weeks ago and I know it was pretty late. Just like everyone I've been keep applying to some non for profit organisations and I realised how hard it is to find a job. Just like the quote above I keep trying, do my best and never give up.

I was quite too "picky" at first, because I am not interested to work with them unless its related to Event Management. As the semester goes by, I realised that I don't have much time left, I need to do my interneship as soon as possible and I start getting very stressful.

I talked to my manager at my current workplace which called "The Firehouse". Her name is Brenda, I told her about what I learnt at uni and what skills I got, and she was happy to help her do the promotions and she was currently looking for a promoter as the business isn't going really well, because she got plenty upcoming events such as Pre-Christmas, Christmas, and The New Years Eve.

The first day I came, I was very excited to help the promotion. Brenda wants me make the promotion of the month and design it, incresed the revenue or sales and come up with some ideas for the upcoming events which is so much easier to said that doing it, especially because not much people know the place.
However, I still feel very excited because I know everyone in here and I know how this business works which is easier for me.

So, I came up with "Three Course Menu of The Month" and I designed the menu. I actually find it similar like making a newsletter. However, this menu will be launched by next week and I couldn't wait to see the result from this promotion.

I hope everyone else's experience are going well and good luck!!

Take care

No comments: