Friday, October 29, 2010

First post!

Hi all!

This is my first post on the blog!
I kind of took some time before posting it but nevermind.

I have been doing my placement at Sun Resorts Limited in Mauritius.
The first weeks there I admit were quite stressful and I somewhat felt a bit odd during my first days.

It is very interesting to work in the PR department of a hotel industry company.
My internship is almost over and I somewhat feel bad about leaving there.

I did a series of tasks which have helped me in gaining experience and applying those PR concepts we learned at uni.
Some of the tasks I have been carrying were mainly focused on the company's CSR programs but as well as the organisation of Sun Resorts' events.
I even did have to do some manual work in packaging the company's gifts which would be given to its important clients, checking if everything were in place and so on.
Lol.. but I guess that's part of the job!
And I enjoyed it.

That was a brief summary of the overall PR placement in the first place.
Back for more =)

Have fun!

Urvi

2 comments:

Stellar K said...

Hi Urvi,

Took me sometime as well to place a post on here!

But so great to read what you're doing. I was going to work in a hotel too but they didn't have any free posts available.

Wow, I didn't really think of a hotel having a lot of CSR programs as you mentioned. It's a good insight that I didn't know about!

Hope you enjoyed your placement with Sun Resorts hey.

God bless.

Stellar K...

Anonymous said...

hi Urvi :-)

I also tried to do my work placement in a hotel but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a hotel close to where I live which had enough work to give to a trainee. i hope you enjoyed it there.
I do not regret the company i chose to do my work placment, there si so many things to do in public relatiosn in a shooping mall, and I must say that the event part is very interesting and far from being boring.

Good luck in writing your report x