Monday, October 18, 2010

Radio show and meeting

Hi all,

This post will be talking about my first task at work.

My fist assignment waas to organise talent lists for the ‘Perth 2011’ radio show every Friday. It’s really challenging for me because I don’t really know about sailing and prominent figures involved in big sailing events like this. The only one I know is Jessica Watson, who recently became one of our spokespeople. Earlier my supervisor expected me to think of questions to ask on the show, but later realised I have no background knowledge whatsoever on sailing and so dismissed it. Really wish I can be of more help than all I can do now. :( But out of this assignment, one thing interesting that I get to do is to watch how they go on with the radio show as I was allowed to watch them air the show and jot down notes.

I was also asked to go for a meeting with previous organisors from Germany, Holland, Canada, and Korea because my supervisor was unable to attend. I was soooooo nervous having to meet all these people from overseas, litterally sweating and before I entered the room my heart was already pounding hard and fast. In the end, it was such an embarassment to not be able to take down notes fast enough without knowing all the terms used in sailing, but I did manage to get an audio record, so I guess they didn't mind. or I hope so.

So advice to everybody: Make sure you learn all the terms and names for whatever you’re working on, like sailing for me, and jot down fast, or else you’ll be left confused.

All in all, it’s quite fun working there. The people there are mostly volunteers who are involved in sailing events such as participants at sailing competitions etc. Do hope I get to witness this event in December live, but I would probably be back in Hong Kong. Will watch it from the Internet anyway~ ^^ The only thing I’m unhappy about is that I’m gaining weight eating fish&chips everyday!


Till here,
Eva

No comments: