Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflecting on the time spent...

So I finished my Internship sometime back and I have to say, it was worth it! Firstly, the work-place was not something I had expected. But in brief, everyone I worked with was very much professional and yet very outgoing too. It was all about teamwork. You do this, hand it to me, I do my part and give someone else to continue and so on...

The boss was very understanding and supportive due to the fact that I was interning and studying at the same time. She didn't give you what you could not handle. And among the lesson learnt, they were:

-Time Management - Being on time always.
-Teamwork - Always ask the team members if they need help with anything.
-Politeness - Being polite, humble and friendly most especially when talking with the Media.
And basically improved my social skills and so I understand the working environment better, what to do and not to do e.t.c.

There were plenty of event to take part in and this proved to be challenging in organizing the event and making sure that everything in right on time but it was all good.

Hopefully we've all learnt something from where we've received out placements!

Have a great November everyone and good luck to us all.

God bless...

Stellar K.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanks for the insightful tips! These are the pointers which are so vital in forging good ties with colleagues and clients alike but somehow or another, we tend to take them for granted or worse, ignore them, especially under pressure.

It is always good to be reminded! :D

Natalie F. said...

Hi Stellar,

I really like the points you have made in your lessons learnt. Good time management, politeness and team work is something you will be able to utilise in any job for the rest of your career and even every day life :)

Ms Eole said...

Hey Stellar,

Its good to know you learnt some valuable lessons during your internship and hopefully they will stay with you during the rest of your career in PR.I wish you the best of luck in your future plans

Cheers,
PS; was great working together :D
Kay