Besides the usual event planning and management, I had done some “administration” job for TCF too. It was during an event, which they have received a folder from the government of WA; with regards to funding. It was to my understanding that the government would like to offer a helping hand to the not-for-profit organization.
I was excited at the prospect that TCF might have a chance of getting support from the government; up to $2500 worth of fund! That is really going to help TCF loosen up a fair bit.
I have initiated to look through the folder on behalf of TCF as I understand that they lack of volunteers to do it.
However, so much so for being excited, it quickly faded as well. The funds are not coming unless the event is new to the organization and so on. That is what I’ve remembered most and thinking through what others can be done to get the support from the government. I conclude that it’s quite impossible to really plan an event to fit into the government’s policy.
Why? It’s the nature of our organization. The culture, values, who we are, what we do and of course the lack manpower and energy the volunteers could put into.
The nature of my organization is a solemn one and a highly sensitive environment.
I’ve learnt that there is so much public relations could do and that not all PR job is about glamorous, fun and excitement. Well, mine isn’t, but nevertheless, a meaningful one.
No comments:
Post a Comment