The other one is the social media network of TCF
The previous interns have set up a twitter account for TCF but it was not utilized at all.
My findings was because they don’t know how to use it. Well, me too, I attended the PRSC New Media seminar to find clues and ways to understand new media more, so that I can help TCF.
Ever since, I have been trying out with my own twitter account and I kinda of get the hang of it. Understand how twitter works and the wonders it can do.
I have research and thought of the stuff we can do with twitter, we have lectures on social media time to time. But this is the time, we will probably use it! I learnt from guest speakers that status update in all social media can be pre-planned so as to better manage. I get all these information and hope I could get hold of my supervisor to discuss what we can do with it.
Another social media was facebook, I always thought facebook is like a more positive thing, that is why there isn't a facebook account set up for TCF, but during the research, I found TCF USA facebook page and along with others, they are very engaging, although the nature of TCF is not, as we are a self help group to bereaved parents but learning from their parent facebook page made me realized in social media, it can be about anything in the world, is just the content and how you going to help your members and does it link to the organisation mission and values and its target audience.
Based on all these materials, I hope to go through these with my supervisor and hopefully, Facebook and Twitter can help, have a more engaging and better support for TCF's members.
No comments:
Post a Comment