Let me update you all on what i have been doing these past two months at work here. The first day i was introduced to my main tasks. I was given a list of their clients both for MAE PR and Key Message PR. MAE PR focuses more on big business's like Malton, Wembley and even Giant. As for Key Message PR they're clients are more beauty oriented from P&G. Their main products are SK-II, Olay and Anna Sui.
In the office there are four cubicles in total. Only three staff, four including me. One of the staff left and only three of us were left. There are also two separate offices for the respective bosses of the two PR agencies. In the office there is also an inventory where they keep all their products mainly only for Key Message PR.
Everyday a pile of newspapers is delivered to the office and it is my job to look through them and select articles about their clients or their products. I cut out the respective article, scan it in and write a report where the following things have to be saved and included in the news clipping report:
- Client
- Media
- Date
- Page
- Headline
I have to do similar things for the client's for Key Message PR, not only look through the beauty section of the newspapers but also look through all magazines every month. Such magazine's include
- Maire Claire
- Harper's Bazaar
- Cleo
- Female
- Seventeen
- Cosmopolitan (Malay)
- Citta Bella (Chinese)
- The Star
- NST
- Kosmo (Malay)
- Berita Harian (Malay)
- The Sun
- Malay Mail
- Utusan (Malay)
- Metro
Keep tuned in, i'll let you all know soon, more about my working environment. Until then take care!
2 comments:
Wow, sounds like you have a lot to read! But I see some women's magazines in the list, so I bet it is quite fun as well ;)
I think this placement is well suited because it does not only teach us about doing PR at first hand and learning from professionals but it also takes us a couple of semesters back in order to do the things we learnt in class and gives us the chance to re do them all over again but this time around for real clients and knowing you have to do it to the standard of your company and also for your client sake.
Therefore I think although the task may have been too much and tiring to do, you knew what you were doing and I think it must have been fun going through all those publications especially women’s, magazines like Doreen said.
Post a Comment