Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE TEST

· At thirtyfour , everything is done by the staff , designs and graphics as well as PR , so basically everything is in-house and I have to admit that is impressive looking at the fact that the company is only three years and its doing quite well in every field. On the second and third week , I and my colleague who is a close friend were assigned to come up with a strategic plan on brand loyalty and brand awareness and it was the real thing for me , I had imagined that on this one thing I can be in control ;be the boss . cross cultural communication was a struggle but yet a vital test for me , because I am aware that Malaysia is a developed country and there are still some traces of high power distance , collectivism , uncertainty avoidance , masculinity and all . I was propelled to move from that sphere into PR culture where there we may share some laughs but a spoon is still a spoon not a big spade. This period was an ok moment for me and I guess even presidents have those. It does not only take hard work and determination but it also takes rebuilding your character as a person and also developing values like humility and patience to come up with a master piece.

2 comments:

Veronica Nombhulelo Garebatho said...

When working in an multicultural environment communication will always be a challenge because there are different cultures (religion, values,beliefs, language). It is good that you have accepted to acknowledge cross cultural communication because it is VERY vital! Keep up with the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have to agree with you guys, multicultural PR presents challenges for us. The most important thing is to know the cultural preferences of the people you're working with/working for. Keep working hard Kef! All the best.